What is a “now page”?
Most websites have a link that says “about”. It goes to a page that tells you something about the background of this person or business. For short, people just call it an “about page”.
Most websites have a link that says “contact”. It goes to a page that tells you how to contact this person or business. For short, people just call it a “contact page”.
So a website with a link that says “now” goes to a page that tells you what this person is focused on at this point in their life. For short, we call it a “now page”.Derek Sivers, “about nownownow“
Where am I?
The Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA.
Priorities and Values
- Decentralization. I’m increasingly wary of concentrations of power, and am trying to intentionally cultivate more horizontal relationships.
- Communities of trust. We should use technology to supplement, rather than supplant, interpersonal relationships.
- Interdependence. If we rely on and help one another, no one person needs to be fully autonomous. We are stronger together.
- Humanism. Human beings matter, and the richness of humanity is beautiful.
- Utopian imagination. We’re not gonna get anywhere if we don’t dream big and fight hard.
- I’m a mental health counseling intern at a small private practice. I work primarily with adults and do mostly individual counseling.
- My professional focus is on providing affirming, knowledgeable care for clients in the LGBTQ+, kinky, and/or ethically nonmonogamous communities.
- I’ve been very inspired by the IndieWeb movement, and I’m trying to rework my online presence to better incorporate its principles.
- In the process of setting up Motley, a federated social network (running Friendica) for my friends. Big thanks to Darius Kazemi’s Run Your Own Social.
- Thinking a lot about the democratization (or, even, anarchification?) of board games, and as part of that, making my own piecepack and multipurpose board games kit.
- Trying to play more of the 100-odd board games I own. My 2020 goal is to play as many of them as possible.
- Home improvement–I’m a new homeowner, and there are lots of exciting projects I want to sink time into.
- Tweaking my 3D printer and printing fun stuff.
- Currently reading: The Future is History by Masha Gessen (see my reads for what I’ve finished)
Last updated: March 7, 2020
One thought on “Now”